I have never used a springform pan and have been dying too!! So my first attempt was with this chocolate peanut butter cheesecake with a chocolate cookie crust! Let me tell you, football sunday even the non low carb sugar loving guests loved it! The kids even inhaled it and had no idea it was sugar free and low carb!
I used Highkey cookies as my crust! I just crushed them and mixed with some melted butter and pressed into the pan! worked perfectly; however if you do not have access to these cookies you can use almond flour, unsweetened coco, sweetener and butter. The recipe will be listed below. Next the peanut butter layer is so easy and not to mention it is all NO BAKE! comes together so nicely with the cream cheese, peanut butter, some whipped cream too.
Assembling the layers was pretty easy too! I first made the crust with one bag of cookies but realized I needed a little more so I used half of the other bag and was the perfect amount! The peanut butter layer is a mixture of cream cheese, heavy cream, whipped cream, peanut butter of course and a little bit of sweetener not too much. Then I whipped up the chocolate pudding using unsweetened almond milk and a little heavy cream and bam. When using almond milk remember too much can cause a runny pudding so add a cup to start with and proceed from there that is why i like to add the heavy cream too.
I was very happy with how it came out as was our guests. This is a great addition for family dinners or for the holidays. We will be making this again and maybe I will try different flavor combinations too!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake
What We Need Crust:
4 Tbs softened butter
1 ½ bags of Highkey Chocolate Cookies *
What we Need Peanut Butter Layer
8oz cream cheese softened
1 cup heavy cream divided
¼ cup sweetener
¾ cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
What We Need Chocolate Layer:
1 box sugar free chocolate pudding
1-1 ½ cups unsweetened almond milk
¼ cup heavy cream
What we do:
- Place cookies in a blender or food processor and pulse until crumbs. Mix the crumbs with the butter and press into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan and refrigerate. If you do not have access to these cookies. Mix 1 ½ cups of almond flour with 6Tbs of unsweetened coco powder and 6Tbs sweetener along with the butter then press into the pan.
- Beat ½ cup of whipped cream and vanilla with a hand mixer or stand mixer until stiff peaks form. Set aside
- Cream together the cream cheese, peanut butter, sweetener and remaining ½ of heavy cream. Once well incorporated fold in the whipped cream.
- Carefully spread on top of the cookie crust and refrigerate again while making the pudding layer
- Using a stand or hand mixer beat together the pudding, and 1 cup of almond milk and the heavy cream, mix well until a nice pudding consistency. Add the almond milk as needed remember too much can cause a runny pudding so add it slowly and check consistency.
- Spread the chocolate layer on top of the peanut butter layer. Refrigerate 3 hours prior to serving.
- Cover the leftovers with plastic wrap to prevent the pudding from getting a chewy layer on top.